November 02, 2021
New to the sport of rowing? Been rowing for 5 or 10 years? Whether it's your first day or 1000th practice, being prepared for practice is crucial. If you're not sure where to start, we've got you covered with 5 essentials you need if you are a rower.
1. A pair of trou or tights. JL trou and tights are made for rowers. Our famous Original Drywick Trou provides a comfortable, locked-in fit during your row with double lining under the sit bones for lasting comfort. Our JL tights are designed for the rowing motion, with a high back and stretch down the length of the leg. The tights and trou are available in a variety of colors and patterns, and there are both unisex and women's trou! Shop all tights here and all trou here.
Unisex Drywick Trou Navy
Unisex Drywick Tights Hi-Viz
Women's Margaritaville Banded Trou
2. A long sleeve or short sleeve tech shirt. JL tech shirts keep you dry and won't weigh you down. They are made of drywick, which is our our mid-weight, moisture-wicking fabric, so it provides quick-dry comfort as you work up a sweat. Depending on the climate you row in, you may prefer our short sleeve tech shirts or our long sleeve tech shirts, which are each unisex, and are available in a variety of colors. Thermo tech shirts are also available, for both men and women, if you are rowing in cold weather. Shop all men's tech shirts here and all women's tech shirts here.
Unisex Drywick Long Sleeve Tech Shirt White
Women's Thermo Tech Shirt Teal
3. A Sequel Jacket or Vest. A solid outer layer is important for protecting yourself from the elements - whether it is the cold or rain. Depending on if you would like full coverage, or coverage on your core, you might prefer our Classic Sequel Jacket or one of our Sequel Turtleshell Vests. Both are made for rowers and the rowing motion. Shop all jackets and vests here.
Classic Sequel Jacket Black
Men's Sequel Turtleshell Hi-Viz
Women's Sequel Turtleshell Navy/Light Blue
4. A hat or a visor. Whether you are using it as protection from the sun or rain, to wick away sweat, or to keep the sun out of your eyes, a hat or visor is a necessity for every rower. Made of lightweight material, our hates and visors will protect you from the elements and won't get in the way of your rowing. Shop all hats and visors here.
Reflective Hi-Viz Script Visor
Coolplus Pique Hat White
JL Racing Retro Running Hat
5. A quarter-zip. They're perfect for warming up, cooling down, or adding a little extra warmth in cooler climates. Quarter-zips are perfect for adding over your tech shirt, and under a jacket or vest. With a variety of colors and styles, you're sure to find a JL quarter-zip that fits YOU!
Wild Oar Men's White Pro Panel Quarter Zip
USRowing Women's Quarter Zip Gray
Women's Thermo-light Performance Quarter Zip Coral/White
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 06, 2022
The Row for the Cure 2023 Pre-Order Store is open from October 6-October 20 in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 20% of all net sales from this pre-order store will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation on behalf of the Row for the Cure organization. Rowers are the perfect bunch to support our community as we battle to win the fight against breast cancer. Ultimately, that is why we come together each year. Not only as competitors but as a rowing community. One goal: to kick cancer, together!
October 04, 2022
September 21, 2022
Gather your friends, family, and teammates for Row for the Cure's Pink the Boathouse Challenge in honor or memory of a friend or loved one. Have fun and challenge yourself as we come together to fight cancer. Row, erg, run or walk throughout October. Form or join a team and participate in-person or virtually. Proceeds help fund community cancer organizations that support cancer patients and their families and rowing clubs which empower cancer survivors.