5 Basics You Need If You Row
New to the sport of rowing? Been rowing for 5 or 10 years? Whether it's your first day or 1000th practice, being prepared for practice is crucial. If you're not sure where to start, we've got you covered with 5 essentials you need if you are a rower.
1. A pair of trou or tights. JL trou and tights are made for rowers. Our famous Original Drywick Trou provides a comfortable, locked-in fit during your row with double lining under the sit bones for lasting comfort. Our JL tights are designed for the rowing motion, with a high back and stretch down the length of the leg. The tights and trou are available in a variety of colors and patterns, and there are both unisex and women's trou! Shop all tights here and all trou here.
2. A long sleeve or short sleeve tech shirt. JL tech shirts keep you dry and won't weigh you down. They are made of drywick, which is our our mid-weight, moisture-wicking fabric, so it provides quick-dry comfort as you work up a sweat. Depending on the climate you row in, you may prefer our short sleeve tech shirts or our long sleeve tech shirts, which are each unisex, and are available in a variety of colors. Thermo tech shirts are also available, for both men and women, if you are rowing in cold weather. Shop all men's tech shirts here and all women's tech shirts here.
|Classic Short Sleeve Tech Shirt Hi-Viz
3. A Sequel Jacket or Vest. A solid outer layer is important for protecting yourself from the elements - whether it is the cold or rain. Depending on if you would like full coverage, or coverage on your core, you might prefer our Classic Sequel Jacket or one of our Sequel Turtleshell Vests. Both are made for rowers and the rowing motion. Shop all jackets and vests here.
4. A hat or a visor. Whether you are using it as protection from the sun or rain, to wick away sweat, or to keep the sun out of your eyes, a hat or visor is a necessity for every rower. Made of lightweight material, our hates and visors will protect you from the elements and won't get in the way of your rowing. Shop all hats and visors here.
5. A quarter-zip. They're perfect for warming up, cooling down, or adding a little extra warmth in cooler climates. Quarter-zips are perfect for adding over your tech shirt, and under a jacket or vest. With a variety of colors and styles, you're sure to find a JL quarter-zip that fits YOU!