Row for the Cure #PinktheBoathouse Challenge 2020
#PinktheBoathouse Challenge Oct. 1-31, 2020
Join us for the inaugural Row for the Cure #PinktheBoathouse Challenge during the month of October in honor or memory of a friend or loved one. Challenge yourself, your friends, your teammates, your rivals. Help change lives.
Breast cancer hasn’t stop because of COVID-19 and neither have we.
Row/Erg or Run/Walk during October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Form or join a team with friends, family, teammates and participate virtually to raise funds for local Komen affiliates and community cancer organizations supporting local breast health programs and cutting-edge research to find cures.
Open to everyone, this new virtual event allows people who previously couldn’t attend an in-person Row for the Cure event to participate, in addition to those who competed over the past 27 years. We can still celebrate virtually, share moments of respect and honor remotely, and fundraise online in support of all those dealing with breast cancer's impact on their lives.
Support the Fight!
Row for the Cure events have served two important purposes for 27 years while raising over $3 million. They are both critical fundraisers that contribute significant funds to fuel Komen’s breast cancer research and patient support efforts, and they provide all those touched by breast cancer a way to show their support, meet people who are going through similar experiences, and feel a sense of being a part of a large compassionate community that is making a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
Row for the Cure will work with local Komen affiliates and breast health organizations across the U.S. to distribute funds generated by the #PinktheBoathouse Challenge.
At at time when many of us are feeling powerless due to COVID, let's meet the challenge head on and really help make a difference in the year 2020.
So How Do I Get Involved?
Participating is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Form/Join a team - U14, U19, Open, Masters, PR (1, 2 & 3)
- 5k - Row or Erg
- 10k - Run or Walk
- Costume Competition
2. Register your team and individuals here at Regatta Central
- Click HERE to become a fundraiser and get easy to follow instructions on how to create your own or team Challenge fundraising page
- Get your PINK ON all month
- Create fun and memorable Challenge activities on your own, or follow acceptable socially distanced guidelines with others
- Post Challenge photos & videos on Row for the Cure's Facebook & Instagram page
- Tag your Challenge content with #pinktheboathouse and #rowforthecure
- Post your results on Regatta Central once you’ve completed the Challenge
- All who complete the Challenge will be entered into a prize drawing
- Encourage your friends, teammates and family members to support your efforts by donating to your custom fundraising page
- Check out their Fundraising ToolKit for tips, tricks, and some fun fundraising ideas