2020 USRowing Masters Virtual Summer Training Camp
While the USRowing Masters Virtual Summer Training Camp just got underway on Monday, there’s still time to take part in this great opportunity to improve your rowing and training. The camp includes a 3-week training program from Marlene Royal, a 12-week strength and conditioning program from Will Ruth, and tailored presentations for masters rowers from experts like Volker Nolte, Olympic gold medalist Lindsay Shoop, Blake Gourley, Jow DeLeo, and more! Registration closes on Friday, August 21.
The goal of USRowing’s masters camp is to have as many unique presentations as possible and not simply re-use old webinars. They've been able to gather a strong collection of speakers with the goal of creating a camp that can help each of you individually as an athlete, rather than covering more general topics.
USRowing Summer Camp Details:
- The camp is three weeks long, Monday through Friday. All times listed above are ET. Workouts will start each morning at 9 a.m. These workouts will be the "hands-on" presentations: yoga, sports therapy (PT), strength and conditioning instruction, and functional movement instruction.
- Each registrant will be given a three-week training program written by Marlene Royle.
- Each registrant will be given a strength and conditioning program (12 weeks) written by Will Ruth.
- The following instructors will be helping to teach proper lifting techniques, PT, and movement: Anna Swisher, Director of Coaching Education at USA Weightlifting; Will Ruth, Rowing Stronger; Joe DeLeo, Leo Rowing; Blake Gourley, Rowing Strength; and Lindsay Shoop, Olympic gold medalist.
- The Sport Science #1-4 presentations were prepared by U.S. National Team Director of Athlete Wellness Marc Nowak. As he is working with the team in Princeton at the moment, he cannot join us live. However, his process has been recorded and will be moderated, as we present it to you. Marc specifically chose these four presentations for the Masters Camp.
- Our yoga instructor is Judy Pawlick, who among many other things, rowed for many years at Saratoga Rowing Association. Judy is awesome and has a website here: https://yogawithjudy.org/
- Following the "hands-on" presentations, virtual rooms will be open from 10:15-11:30 a.m. Here, you will be able to erg with other camp participants, workout with USRowing's Samantha Wonderlin (from "Stay Home Sessions with Sam" fame), or have access to more strength and conditioning expertise from our presenters
- Each evening, there will be a custom presentation at 7:00 p.m. Please note that Dr. Volker Nolte will be joining us for at least three of these sessions. Dr. Nolte is the author of the rowing manuals, Rowing Faster (two volumes). He also is an accomplished masters rower. Of course, there are many other great topics/speakers with a great deal of original content.
- You can find Blake Gourley's choices for his topic below. We will create a poll, and let the registrants decide his topic.
Cost: $375 for all three weeks. All presentations will be recorded and put into folders in case you have to miss any. Each registrant will be able to access the folder indefinitely.